Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wedding Bells in Rocky Top...

This weekend Tyler and I went to Knoxville, TN for my friend Lindsay's wedding. Lindsay and I graduated nursing school together and she was an honorary at my wedding. It was so great to see her this weekend.

Tyler and I arrived in Knoxville late Friday night so that we could spend the day hanging around town before the wedding on Saturday. After breakfast at the hotel we went downtown to the farmers market, where we tasted delicious snickerdoodle cookies (my favorite), and bought the babies special homemade all natural dog biscuits (their dad’s idea). After the farmers market we visited the history center (again Tyler’s idea) and the shops of downtown. Early that afternoon my mother made sure to tell Tyler that UT was having a scrimmage later that day at the stadium…..I really did not want to go to this, I mean I am an Alabama fan I had no interest in seeing the Vols play one another, but hubs says “college football is college football” and I need to go with him a little while so I could at least see the stadium, plus he says he was going to scout for Bama…whatever. Any who I played the good wife and went with him in the scorching heat, all the while yelling ROLL TIDE!

Later that night we went to the wedding, Lindsay was an absolutely stunning bride and her ceremony and reception both were beautiful. Ash Finley and Ashleigh Pulley both came to the wedding as well so it was great to spend time with them….and wouldn’t you know, Pulley and I both showed up in the same dress, I mean what are the chances, haha.

Here are a few pictures we took at the wedding, including Lindsay and Johnathon’s adorable pink and green (her colors) “Candy Bar” with little personalized to go bags, they had at their reception.

Enjoy!





~ ajL

1 comment: